Tuesday 29 November 2011

Interfaces

Deffinition on an Interface= A concept which refers too interaction between to concepts, this may be machines, devices and computer programmes.

 I wanted to point out the fact that interfaces are everywhere, wether we like it or not, what with video cameras and of course now even our mobile phones can track everywhere we go. What with interfaces getting more and more advanced over the years, is this a good thing? Do we really want to have this skill of being constantly tracked? I think not.

We generally don't realise it, as humans we always think we have control over ourselves, however, it is completely true when I say that most modern day interaction and entertainment is made through screens. If you sit on a train, as soon as it comes out of the underground, it seems everyone instantly rushes to get out their phones, and you suddenly have a music tracks of ongoing ring tones.

Anyone in the world today is completely capable of creating a website by using HTML.

As a complete begginner at creating any kind of websites, unless you want to include my amazing MySpace page in that catergory, when my teacher decided to let me know we was going to be creating website pages from bassically complete scratch, I felt a tiny explosion in my brain. We began by using HTML, which is a description of what something is, I remembered when I would use myspace that I would type in simple things such as <b> meaning things would then become bold </b> and <u> making things underlined </u> so I knew the very much basics of HTML. However by the end of my class was was eventually able to create something that looked slightly like a website by using Komodo.

All over the world there are many different types of interfaces, but to sum it up here are the main groups:
  • Off Screen
  • Hand Held
  • Detection
  • Desk top/ Screen Based
All of which everyone can generally use.
It seems to me that in the end, there will be more computer based items than there is computers, is it healthy to be that connected with these items?

No comments:

Post a Comment